How to Draw Clefairy – Material List
- A piece of paper
- A pencil
- A bold point black marker
- An eraser
- Some crayons
- dark pink
- dark brown
- A sticky roller (optional)
Reference Picture: https://imgur.com/1uFuGnP
How to Draw Clefairy – Step 1 – Basic Shape and Form
- Draw a circle for the body
- Draw a cross on the circle as if it was a sphere
- Draw two triangle for the ears and rough in the line for the black tip
- Draw a swirl for the hair
- Draw two ovals for the arms and rough in the nails
- Draw two U shapes for the legs and rough in the toe nails
- Draw curves on the side for the tail
- Rough in the facial features
Tip: Double check the locations of your shapes with the reference, use your pencil as a measuring tool to correct any proportion that is off.
How to Draw Clefairy – Step 2 – Refined Pencil Drawing
- Refine and darken all definitive lines, leave the hidden lines alone
- Continue refining rough sketch until all lines are definitive
Tip: Draw lightly, use short and repetitive strokes, slowing draw heavier as you commit to more definitive lines.
How to Draw Clefairy – Step 3 – Trace Pencil Lines with Marker
- Trace the pencil lines with a black marker
- Use an eraser to erase all the pencil lines so that only the marker lines remain
Tip 1: Rotate the paper to draw smoother lines
Tip 2: Break up long lines with shorter strokes, connect the short strokes to make line look continuous.
Tip 3: Push lighter on the maker to create thinner lines for small details.
Tip 4: hold down the paper with your other hand to avoid wrinkle and creases on paper
Tip 5: Use a sticky roller to clean up the eraser rubbings.
How to Draw Clefairy – Step 4 – Color in Midtone
- Color the tip of the ears and the eyes with dark brown
- Color the rest of the area with pink
Tip: Color evenly, and follow direction of your strokes with the form of the object
Glossary – Midtone: the flat neutral color of an object without light and shadow
How to Draw Clefairy – Step 5 – Color in Shadow
- Color the shadow area of dark brown with black
- Color the shadow area of pink with dark pink
Tip: Use a sticky roller to clean up the crayon shavings
How to Draw Clefairy – Step 6 – Thicken Profile Lines
- Thicken the profile lines with a black marker
Glossary – Profile lines: The outer borderlines of a major form like head, body, arms and legs. Detail lines like pattern on the body and facial features are usually not consider profile lines.
How to Draw Clefairy – Complete
Thank you for drawing with me, please remember to like and subscribe to the YouTube video on top! Thank you again for your support!