How to Draw Mew – Material List
- A piece of paper
- A pencil
- A fine point black marker
- A medium point black marker
- An eraser
- Some color pencils
- golden yellow
- A sticky roller (optional)
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 1 – Basic Shape and Stick Figuring
- Draw a circle for the head
- Draw a cross on the circle as if it was a sphere
- Draw an oval for the body
- Draw two lines for the thighs
- Draw two triangles for the feet
- Draw two circles for the shoulders
- Draw two circles for the fists
- Draw stick arms and connect the shoulders with the fists
- Draw two triangles for the ears
- Draw two large triangles for the hair
Tip: Double check the locations of your shapes with the reference, use your pencil as a measuring tool to correct any proportion that is off.
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 2 – Refined Pencil Drawing 1st Pass
- Try to see each piece of armor as individual shapes
- Compare the proportions of each shape and refine the shapes accordingly
- Keep looking back and forth between the reference picture and your drawing
Tip: Draw lightly, use short and repetitive strokes, slowing draw heavier as you commit to more definitive lines.
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 3 – Refined Pencil Drawing 2nd Pass
- Erase all lines lightly, DO NOT erase completely, enough to still see all lines
Tip: After you erase your drawing will look very dirty, but that is fine. After you trace with marker you can clean up all the pencil lines.
- Continue refining until all lines are definitive
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 4 – Trace Pencil Lines with Marker
- Trace the pencil lines with a black marker
- Use an eraser to erase all the pencil lines so that only the marker lines remain
Tip 1: Rotate the paper to draw smoother lines
Tip 2: Break up long lines with shorter strokes, connect the short strokes to make line look continuous.
Tip 3: Push lighter on the maker to create thinner lines for small details.
Tip 4: hold down the paper with your other hand to avoid wrinkle and creases on paper
Tip 5: Use a sticky roller to clean up the eraser rubbings.
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 5 – Color in Midtone
- Keep in mind the direction of the lighting
- Locate all highlight areas based on the lighting direction, leave highlight areas uncolored
- Color the gems on the armor, and the cape red
- Color the sword blue
- Color the silver armor parts with silver
- Color the rest of the armor with golden yellow
Tip: Color evenly, and follow direction of your strokes with the form of the object
Glossary – Midtone: the flat neutral color of an object without light and shadow
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 6 – Color in Shadow
- Color all shadow area with black, do not color too heavy, use light layers to slowing darken the shadow areas.
- Reference the lighting direction, all shadow areas should be around the bottom right
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Step 7 – Thicken Profile Lines
- Thicken the profile lines with a black marker
Glossary – Profile lines: The outer borderlines of a major form like head, body, arms and legs. Detail lines like pattern on the body and facial features are usually not consider profile lines.
How to Draw Excalibur Sonic – Complete
Thank you for drawing with me, please remember to like and subscribe to the YouTube video on top! Thank you again for your support!