How to Draw Umbreon – Material List
- A piece of paper
- A pencil
- A bold point black marker
- An eraser
- Some crayons
- dark brown
- brown tan
- peach tan
- brown yellow
- golden yellow
- A sticky roller (optional)
Reference Picture: https://imgur.com/DZ8AjOG
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Step 1 – Basic Shape and Form
- Draw a heart shape for the face
- Draw a triangle with round corners for the ear
- Draw a cross on the face as if the shape is spherical
- Draw a square for the body
- Indicate where the shorts start
- Draw two triangles for the legs
- Draw two rectangles for the body
- Draw a rectangle for the left shoulder, and draw a triangle for the lower arm, then a circle for the fist
- Draw a rectangle for the right shoulder, most of it is behind the head but still draw it light to see through the form
- Draw a triangle for the right arm, followed by a circle and five lines to indicate where the fingers should go
Tip: Double check the locations of your shapes with the reference, use your pencil as a measuring tool to correct any proportion that is off.
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Step 2 – Refined Pencil Drawing
- Draw two donut shapes for the eyes, and two curves for the eyelids
- Draw two thick arrow shapes for the eye brows
- Draw the hair lines
- Continue refining rough sketch until all lines are definitive
Tip: Draw lightly, use short and repetitive strokes, slowing draw heavier as you commit to more definitive lines.
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Step 3 – Trace Pencil Lines with Marker
- Trace the pencil lines with a black marker
- Use an eraser to erase all the pencil lines so that only the marker lines remain
Tip 1: Rotate the paper to draw smoother lines
Tip 2: Break up long lines with shorter strokes, connect the short strokes to make line look continuous.
Tip 3: Push lighter on the maker to create thinner lines for small details.
Tip 4: hold down the paper with your other hand to avoid wrinkle and creases on paper
Tip 5: Use a sticky roller to clean up the eraser rubbings.
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Step 4 – Color in Midtone
- Color the eyes, eye brows, and eye with gray
- Color the skin with peach tan
- Color the the shirt with red
- Color the shorts and the shoes with yellow
Tip: Color evenly, and follow direction of your strokes with the form of the object
Glossary – Midtone: the flat neutral color of an object without light and shadow
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Step 5 – Color in Shadow
- Color the shadow area of gray with black
- Color the shadow area of peach tan with brown tan
- Color the shadow area of red with dark red brown
- Color the shadow area of yellow with brown yellow
- Color the shadow area of the socks with gray
Tip: Use a sticky roller to clean up the crayon shavings
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Step 6 – Thicken Profile Lines
- Thicken the profile lines with a black marker
Glossary – Profile lines: The outer borderlines of a major form like head, body, arms and legs. Detail lines like pattern on the body and facial features are usually not consider profile lines.
How to Draw Shinnosuke Nohara – Complete
Thank you for drawing with me, please remember to like and subscribe to the YouTube video on top! Thank you again for your support!