How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Material List
- A piece of paper
- A pencil
- A fine point black marker
- A medium point black marker
- An eraser
- Some color pencils
- peach tan
- brown tan
- A Sticky roller (optional)
Reference Picture: https://imgur.com/WTfnlv7
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 1 – Stick Figuring
- Draw a stick figure to pose the character
- Draw a circle for the head, draw a cross on the head circle as if it was a sphere, the cross will help you locate the facial features later on
- Draw a circle for the torso, draw a cross on the torso circle as if it was a sphere
- Draw a circle for the hips, draw a cross on the hips circle as if it was a sphere
- Draw two circle on the hip sphere to locate where the legs connect to the hips
- Draw two lines for the thighs
- Draw two circles for the knee joints
- Draw two lines for the calves
- Draw two two triangular shapes for the feet
- Draw two rectangles for the feet
- Locate where the shoulders connect to the torso, and draw two circles for the shoulder joints
- Draw two lines for the upper arms
- Draw two circles for the elbow joints
- Draw two lines for the lower arms
- Draw two circle for the fists, draw lines for the finger for open hand gestures
- Draw two lines for the weapons
Tip: Double check the locations of your shapes with the reference, use your pencil as a measuring tool to correct any proportion that is off.
Tip: Naruto’s two weapons are in a parallel position, find lines in the design that you can use to help you measure and figure out the placement and proportions.
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 2 – Form Figuring
- Rough in the shape of the hair
- Add form to the body
- Roughly mark out where the facial features are
Tip 1: Naruto is mostly clothed cover, so don’t stress out on trying to get any muscle anatomy for this form figure, instead get a feel of how much volume the clothing add on to the body.
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 3 – Clothed Figure Drawing
- Rough in all major clothing, including any accessory or weapons, including the floating spheres around Naruto.
Tip: Masashi Kishimoto avoid a lot of the misc fold on the cloth and only focused on the key folds, it is to minimize drawing time, but even though a lot of the folds are minimized, you can still see the subtle changes in form in this linework, notice how the pants line are not perfectly straight, it is made out of very slight curves that conforms to the anatomy of the leg.
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 4 – Refined Pencil Drawing
- Refine the drawing by locating the definitive lines amongst the rough sketch, draw the definitive lines darker
- Draw in small details that were overlooked in the rough sketch
- Keep refining until all lines are definitive
Tip: Draw lightly, use short and repetitive strokes, slowing draw heavier as you commit to more definitive lines.
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 5 – Trace Pencil Lines with Marker
- Trace the pencil lines with a black marker
- Use an eraser to erase all the pencil lines so that only the marker lines remain
Tip 1: Rotate the paper to draw smoother lines
Tip 2: Break up long lines with shorter strokes, connect the short strokes to make line look continuous.
Tip 3: Push lighter on the maker to create thinner lines for small details.
Tip 4: hold down the paper with your other hand to avoid wrinkle and creases on paper
Tip 5: Use a sticky roller to clean up the eraser rubbings.
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 6 – Color
- Color the skin with peach tan
- Color the shirt, gloves, inside the jacket, the weapons, and the floating spheres with gray
- Color everything else with yellow
- Double check with the reference picture
- Color the shadow area of peach tan with brown tan
- Color the shadow area of gray with black
- Color the shadow area of yellow with orange
Tip: Color evenly, and follow direction of your strokes with the form of the object
Tip: This design utilizes a special lighting, because the character himself is the light source, so we just have to leave the center area of every form uncolored, and the make the borders darker to give off a glowing effect, that’s why we’re combing the midtone step with the shadow step.
Glossary – Midtone: the flat neutral color of an object without light and shadow
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Step 7 – Thicken Profile Lines
- Thicken the profile lines with a black marker
Glossary – Profile lines: The outer borderlines of a major form like head, body, arms and legs. Detail lines like pattern on the body and facial features are usually not consider profile lines.
How to Draw Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto – Complete
Thank you for drawing with me, please remember to like and subscribe to the YouTube video on top! Thank you again for your support!