How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Material List
- A piece of paper
- A pencil
- A black marker
- An eraser
- Some color pencils
- dark blue
- A sticky roller (optional)
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Step 1 – Basic Shape and Form
- Roughly draw the shape of the head
- Draw the neck
- Draw an oval for the body
- Roughly draw the shapes of the thigh
- Locate and draw the two claws
- Draw the two feet
- Draw the two wings
Tip: Double check the locations of your shapes with the reference, use your pencil as a measuring tool to correct any proportion that is off.
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Step 2 – Refined Pencil Drawing
- Refine the head shape, draw all the facial details
- Refine the neck and the details on the neck
- Refine the claws and the claw nails
- Refine the body, the body is made out of leave shape cylinders
- Refine the thighs
- Refine the feet, draw the toe nails
- Refine the wings, draw the wing arms
- Continue refining rough sketch until all lines are definitive
Tip: Draw lightly, use short and repetitive strokes, slowing draw heavier as you commit to more definitive lines.
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Step 3 – Trace Pencil Lines with Marker
- Trace the pencil lines with a black marker
- Use an eraser to erase all the pencil lines so that only the marker lines remain
Tip 1: Rotate the paper to draw smoother lines
Tip 2: Break up long lines with shorter strokes, connect the short strokes to make line look continuous.
Tip 3: Push lighter on the maker to create thinner lines for small details.
Tip 4: hold down the paper with your other hand to avoid wrinkle and creases on paper
Tip 5: Use a sticky roller to clean up the eraser rubbings.
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Step 4 – Color in Midtone
- Locate and define all the hightlight areas, leave it uncolored
- Color all the midtone with blue
Tip: Color evenly, and follow direction of your strokes with the form of the object
Glossary – Midtone: the flat neutral color of an object without light and shadow
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Step 5 – Color in Shadow
- Color all the shadow areas with dark blue
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Step 6 – Thicken Profile Lines
- Thicken the profile lines with a black marker
Glossary – Profile lines: The outer borderlines of a major form like head, body, arms and legs. Detail lines like pattern on the body and facial features are usually not consider profile lines.
How to Draw Blue Eyes White Dragon – Complete
Thank you for drawing with me, please remember to like and subscribe to the YouTube video on top! Thank you again for your support!